- 2 large red peppers
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2-3 oz pkgs. cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove stem and seed.
- Place peppers, cut side down, in a 8" X 8" baking dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Put peppers in cold water and remove skins.
- Combine peppers and remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate 12 hours before serving.
- Serve with bagel chips or vegetables.
Even better if you roast the peppers over a gas flame, on a BBQ, or in the oven until blackened. Pop into a plastic bag for 15 minutes so that the skins rub off easily, cool, then chop and add to your recipe. The flavour is amazing and will transform the dip to ambrosial status!!
Copyright 2007. All Rights Reserved.